Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Will moving to the D700 body force you to update your c...

blw

Richmond, US
28703 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Will moving to the D700 body force you to update your computer?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Tue 01-Jul-08 09:08 PM

I just upgraded from a 4mp sensor to a 12mp sensor, and my 2004-vintage computer is holding up just fine. Obviously things aren't as quick as they were before, but they're not agonizingly slow either. I have a 1.8 GHz AMD with single core and 2 GB memory. On the other hand, I don't use NX either - I use Photoshop.

Actually, the thing that's the biggest difference is simply how long it takes to download images into the computer, and that's really a function of the reader and card speed rather than anything in memory or CPU. And it's easy to just walk away while that's happening, too.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Will moving to the D700 body force you to update your c... [View all] , lovemy8514 , Tue 01-Jul-08 01:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Will moving to the D700 body force you to update yo...