Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does support...

DrJay32

Colorado Springs, US
3377 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does support D3"

DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine Nikonian since 12th Mar 2003
Tue 08-Jul-08 10:10 PM

Presumably, you'll be able to make basic RAW adjustments to D700 files in View NX, which is free.

As for D700 support, the word I'm hearing is that NX 2.0 already supports these files, and that NX 2.0 will be required for D700 files. I even found a D700 NEF on the 'net, and it opened in NX 2.0 (I'm assuming the file was legit, but I have no way of proving it).

It doesn't appear that NX 1.x will be updated to support the D700.

However, nothing is set in stone as Nikon has not announced what their software policy is regarding the D700.

-Jason

Jason P. Odell
Colorado Nikonian
Author, The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX2
The authoritative guide to Capture NX 2.0!

www.luminescentphoto.com

Listen to The Image Doctors

A general, generic topic CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does support... [View all] , MatthewAustin , Tue 08-Jul-08 11:03 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does sup...