Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does support...

Valentino

US
11613 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does support D3"

Valentino Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 04th Dec 2004
Tue 08-Jul-08 05:55 PM

Every new body has a new version of NEF and requires an update to convert it.

I used to use the old Capture NX as my converter for my D200 and needed the newer NX1 to convert my D300 files. I also needed to upgrade from CS2 to CS3 to open the D300 files. I would guess that Adobe ACR in CS3 will get an update for D700 files but I suspect you will need to upgrade from NX 1 to NX 2 to open a D700 NEF even though it uses the same sensor and EXCEED processor as the D3.

The irony is you need to buy a converter from the company that sells the camera to get the results the manufacturer intended. At least for a short time NX was free with a camera but got many hooked on NX and now many are upgrading to NX2

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

A general, generic topic CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does support... [View all] , MatthewAustin , Tue 08-Jul-08 11:03 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CaptureNX1 does not support D700 raws, yet does sup...