Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 - The ultimate wedding camera?

Shuter

KIRTONS, BB
70 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 - The ultimate wedding camera?"

Shuter Registered since 05th Dec 2004
Wed 09-Jul-08 11:27 AM

Hi Russ,
Your post has hit on the area I wanted to discuss.
I have done a couple wedding/events at up to ISO 800 on my D200/17-55mm f/2.8 AF-S.I was not happy with the results.
The D3 is outside my budget, but when I saw the D700 specs,I started thinking....similar D3 high ISO performance.
I am even thinking of selling the 17-55mm and 12-24 f/4, go for the D700 with the new 24-70mm, keep my 80-200mm f/2.8 2-ring zoom as well as my 50mm f/1.8, SB 800 and go from there.Not sure how well DX will perform on this camera
I too was on the verge of getting the D300 but was not convinced of significantly better high ISO performance.
I am waitng to hear of a full D700 workout/review, but at this point,I am sold.

Shooter

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 - The ultimate wedding camera? [View all] , Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography , Mon 07-Jul-08 05:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 - The ultimate wedding camera?
Reply message RE: D700 - The ultimate wedding camera?