Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Low ISO image quality

bobklein

Armonk, US
80 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Low ISO image quality"

bobklein Registered since 31st Mar 2007
Mon 07-Jul-08 01:45 AM

Michal
I have owned both the D3 and D300 for about 7 months. I have taken both cameras on numerous trips and have compared both cameras with exact same lenses.

I have about 13,000 images on the D3 and about 3,500 on the D300.

I have not performed technical tests, just personal observations. In every single instance the images I produced from the D3 were far superior.

The metering seemed much better (closer to my desired result) and the colors are truer in the D3. The noise from 200 - 3200 seems very close to the same. but the H1-H2 images from the D3 are far superior.

In fact, I am seriously considering selling the D300. Not sure if I would move to the D700. Also, before getting the D3 my main camera was the D2Xs. I prefer the controls on the D3 over the positioning on the D300.

Hope you find this helpful.

bob

A topic tagged as having a question Low ISO image quality [View all] , nimike , Sat 05-Jul-08 07:40 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Low ISO image quality