Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
noire

Edmonton, CA
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?"

noire Registered since 04th Nov 2005
Wed 09-Jul-08 04:23 AM

Hi Everyone, thank you very much for your input. I've actually decided to go with the FX/FX d3/d700. It was definitely for personal preference. I was taking a closer look these last few days at my longer reach photos. I thought of the particular situations and realized that I actually preferred going closer, and in most cases had the opportunity, but because of the extra reach of my 80-200, I would felt the need to back up more. This let me in some awkward spots, sometimes leaving me at the will of audiences' heads in the way, or almost underneath tables, leaving spectators of events and myself in almost awkward moments. Moreso, looking at a set of my tele photos that stood out in my mind for their reach, I realized that about 30-40 percent of them were actually around 150 mm (so cropped to view as 250 mm) and that maybe about another 40 percent of them were 200 mm (so 300 mm) but only because I had to move back farther when my first shooting spot were too tight.

So, with some deeper thought about it I felt that I actually didn't need the extra reach of 1.5 crop factor on the 80-200. Hence, I'm going for the d700/d3 combo.

Again, it was great hearing your setups and the why's as well, so thanks for the help everyone!

___

Shivaan My gallery

A general, generic topic DX/FX or FX/FX ? [View all] , noire , Fri 04-Jul-08 05:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?