Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
noire

Edmonton, CA
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?"

noire Registered since 04th Nov 2005
Fri 04-Jul-08 07:58 PM | edited Fri 04-Jul-08 07:59 PM by noire

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your swift reply and I give thanks for adding another element to it because I think the d300/d700 combination speaks to the same case as mine as well: the dx/fx combination's advantage.

I have been thinking about the d300/d700 combination. The weight of the d3 I am not worried about at the moment (however, a few hours of using it and I might say differently.) On first impressions when holding the d3, I did fall in love with just how solid it was. I do have a tendency of being in situations where the more rugged the body the better, so that's one reason I am swinging towards the d3. In addition, the weight of the d700 by itself when it is bare, is half a pound lighter (from what I've read?) but once you add the grip and extra battery it can go up to at least 2 more pounds. Since I would be shooting mostly with the grip to gain the extra fps, I figure weight is actually lighter with the D3.

Still, I definately should be considering the d300/d700 combo as well.

Thanks for the very helpful input Vincent and congrats on the D700 order!
____

Shivaan My gallery

A general, generic topic DX/FX or FX/FX ? [View all] , noire , Fri 04-Jul-08 05:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?