Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
vmist

New Canaan, US
131 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?"

vmist Registered since 28th May 2002
Fri 04-Jul-08 07:46 PM

Shivaan,
Im not trying to make your decision any more complicated however I will! I am going down a different road. I am buying a D700 to pair up with my D300. Why am I doing this? I think the DX/FX combo is very powerful. You get the reach and lightweight of the D300 (I love this camera) and you also get the low light and image quality of an FX sensor. All of this in relatively small packages. I chose not to purchase a D3 when it came out for 2 reasons, 1)It is really heavy and after owning a D2x and finding that I left it home most of the time because of the weight, I came to the conclusion that no feature of a camera is very good if you dont use it, 2) I wanted a kit that shared accessories.
Think of it this way, for the price of a D300 & D700, you will spend no more money than you would on just the D3 body. You also get the advantage of a kit that uses the same accessories and batteries. You will not need to carry multiple battery chargers, using the power grip is completely your choice and you will be 97% covered with the feature set that a D300/D3 kit would give you. To me this is the best combination I could ever ask for. And dont forget you can use the D300/D700 batteries in the power grip as well. Hope these points give you something to think about and maybe save you money
I cant wait till my D700 comes!
Regards,
Vincent
Connecticut Nikonian
My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic DX/FX or FX/FX ? [View all] , noire , Fri 04-Jul-08 05:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?