Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
noire

Edmonton, CA
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"DX/FX or FX/FX ?"

noire Registered since 04th Nov 2005
Fri 04-Jul-08 07:31 PM | edited Fri 04-Jul-08 07:58 PM by noire

I sold my d200 to my brother in March as he needed a new camera. I have been waiting on a D300 order recently. I have the 80-200 AF-D, 50 1.8 and tokina 12-24. I've been saving up the last 8 months for upgrade to a D3 / FX system. I shoot at 200 or at 12 most of the time and break out the 50 mm for low light situations or for light travel.

I am going to be purchasing the D3 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8 and a 70-200 2.8 AF-S VR(current model if a new one hasn't been announced) by end of August. I've also had on order a 105 2.8 af-s VR Micro along with a D300/grip/en-el4a .

The reason I've been interested in the going with the d300 is so that I could keep my telephoto on that, and then either my 24-70 or 14-24 with the d3. I love the reach at 200 on dx, and it's been quite nice. However, with the announcement of the d700, and seeing that I haven't committed to keeping dx in my upcoming kit, I was wondering if I should just switch over to full fx.

Now, in my mind, I see dx / fx living together quite nicely in a kit (as I know there are those that shoot d3/d300 combo up till now). However, I would really like to hear reasons pro or con for me to go with d300/d3 vs. d700/d3 .

I've been reading through the Nikonians forums for the last couple years and only post when I really can't find enough answers or if I feel I can really offer relevant opinion to fellow members. I've found this particular topic approached from different angles, but specifically looking at it from comparing these two combinations and what's the pros and cons I haven't found. So, your opinions would be really appreciated

If there is a specific thread dealing with this exact cirumstance or when where I could redirect the question, please let me know.

Much Thanks as usual Nikonians!

___

Shivaan My gallery

A general, generic topic DX/FX or FX/FX ? [View all] , noire , Fri 04-Jul-08 05:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DX/FX or FX/FX ?