Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

two d700's, different results

cebert

Glencoe, US
327 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: two d700's, different results"

cebert Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2010
Mon 12-Aug-13 04:20 PM

Here's an update...

I spent a good amount of time last weekend hammering away on both cameras and testing settings. What I determined was that the one body I have over exposes by 1/3 of a stop. Using Thom Hogan's guide, I reset my correctly functioning camera to his recommended settings. Then I tweaked them to my liking. I backed up those settings to a CF ard and loaded them onto the camera I'm having trouble with. Both cameras are not set to match eachother exactly. Finally, on the bad camera I used custom menu B6 and set it to under expose by 1/3 on each of the 3 metering modes. This appears to have fixed the issue. Both the cameras expose dead on with matching lenses and photos now. Ultimately, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Regards,
Chris

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
-Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic two d700's, different results [View all] , cebert Silver Member , Thu 08-Aug-13 01:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: two d700's, different results