Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

No Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the D700,

MEMcD

US
31610 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: No Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the D700,"

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Wed 17-Jul-13 12:32 AM | edited Wed 17-Jul-13 12:33 AM by MEMcD

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Nikonians!

Your camera is working as it was designed to.
When the built-in Speedlight is On, when the camera is in continuous release mode only one image will be captured each time the shutter release button is pressed.
See page 187 in the D700 Users Manual.
The work around is to use a second Speedlight in the cameras hotshoe set in commander mode but I wouldn't count on getting 5 FPS in any flash mode other than full Manual and SU-4 mode with both Speedlights set at very low power. In TTL mode and I suspect Commander mode, the monitor pre-flash sequence between each shot will slow the FPS rate down. Using FV-Lock might allow you to use i-TTL flash control in Commander mode but you will have to give it a try.

Best Regards,
Marty

A general, generic topic No Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the D700, [View all] , heatleyshoots , Tue 16-Jul-13 09:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: No Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the D700,
Reply message RE: No Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the D700,
Reply message Update to Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the D700...
     Reply message RE: Update to Continuous Shooting in Flash Mode on the ...