Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Senso...

cogrady

Salt Lake City, US
590 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Sensor that Is)"

cogrady Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2009
Tue 13-Aug-13 04:53 PM

I live in Utah. Think lots of dry desert. The dry air creates static. Nearly every time I take off a lens I get dust. I use a rocket blower for what I can, but it accumulates after a few months. I have tried swabbing it myself but I seem to just make more of a mess. The dust ends up along the edges and I'm always unhappy with the result.

Hence, I take my cameras (a D300s and a D4) to my local shop about twice a year for a cleaning. $35 and a cup of coffee later good as new. Very much worth it in my book.

I have heard great things about the Arctic Butterfly cleaning tools. They're expensive but perhaps worth it if you don't have a good local shop. For me, I'll stick with the twice yearly cleaning done in-shop.

Cheers!
Claudia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.one-eye-closed.com
www.lastlightphotographicstudios.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Senso... [View all] , DinoCardelli , Tue 09-Jul-13 08:25 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (S...