Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Senso...

tma

US
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Sensor that Is)"

tma Registered since 24th Feb 2008
Tue 13-Aug-13 04:38 PM

I constantly shoot in dusty, dirty conditions. Both the D700 and the D300 are set to clean the sensor automatically upon turning on, and again upon shutdown. In addition, I use a rocket blower any time I change lenses.

In addition, both bodies get serviced by Nikon at least every six months. This includes a sensor cleaning.

I let the pros do the serious sensor cleaning. The bodies are in for the once-over, anyway.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Senso... [View all] , DinoCardelli , Tue 09-Jul-13 08:25 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (S...