Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700: Are the days of the Jack of all Trades camera ove...

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3377 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700: Are the days of the Jack of all Trades camera over?"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Fri 28-Jun-13 06:57 PM

Jason -- What I take from your last two sentences is that maybe we need to adjust our style and techniques. I agree. For decades, only a few pros sported motor drives for sports. The rest of us developed "fast thumbs." Or in the case of my start in photojournalism, got good at replacing a slide in a film holder, pulling it out and turning it over or snatching another one from a bag, and then pulling a dark slide for the next shot!

But I can see where we may think there are no JOAT cameras in some ways. It seems Nikon has gone backward in some areas while forging far ahead in others. Is there a chance they are trying to answer too many wishes?

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700: Are the days of the Jack of all Trades camera ove... [View all] , rws67 , Fri 28-Jun-13 12:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700: Are the days of the Jack of all Trades camera...