Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Replaced the hotshoe on D700

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Replaced the hotshoe on D700"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Thu 27-Jun-13 12:23 PM | edited Thu 27-Jun-13 12:24 PM by ajdooley

Tom -- I have used APS in Morton Grove, IL. They have done excellent work -- will give an accurate and up-to-date response to questions, and you can get a complete check and clean with the hot shoe repair. While I am disappointed Nikon will neither correct nor even acknowledge the D700 hot shoe problem, I am delighted with the people up near Chicago. It wouldn't be much more to send it there -- if any more -- than to send it to Nikon, where they will not communicate while they have your camera -- at least based on my experiences.

And yes, welcome to Nikonians. This group is a tremendous resource -- good people, smart people and people with a passion for photography. And unlike many photo sites, you are extremely unlikely -- extremely -- to ever get flamed here.

And oh yes -- get a flash bracket and cord for your D700 as well. It is the apparent answer to the durability, and while it adds to the weight and handling issues, it puts your flash in a better place to eliminate red eyes and manage shadows.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Replaced the hotshoe on D700 [View all] , franco1 Silver Member , Fri 21-Jun-13 04:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Replaced the hotshoe on D700