Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 for large prints/graphics?

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3330 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 for large prints/graphics?"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Fri 31-May-13 12:33 AM | edited Fri 31-May-13 12:34 AM by ajdooley

The D700 will certainly do a commendable job. Of course, questions include the graphics work and what people will see. Look at a truck image to see what they actually show -- or maybe visit the plant where the work will be done. But having recently acquired a D800, there's a significant jump in capability, especially if you employ proper sharpening technique. That's not to say that the starting image isn't sharp -- but there's a significant amount more hiding in NEFs. I'd seriously consider renting a D800 for the task. The only problem will be ensuring you are set up properly. I assume you are shooting NEFS and recommend all you can capture -- 14 bit, uncompressed. The resulting NEFs run about 75mb. Just know though, as Neal says, if you rent one, you'll own one -- sooner rather than later!

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 for large prints/graphics? [View all] , Bubbz Silver Member , Thu 30-May-13 06:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 for large prints/graphics?