Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Screen Issue D700 - haziness (milky)

D2xer

Oakland, US
196 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Screen Issue D700 - haziness (milky)"

D2xer Registered since 31st Oct 2012
Thu 27-Jun-13 05:09 PM | edited Fri 28-Jun-13 05:45 AM by D2xer

My D2x has this LCD problem, which I'm certain has occurred only in the last few years. As it's now an 'old' camera and the issue doesn't (so far) affect functioning, I try to ignore it. It's only happened to the main LCD, not the two smaller displays.

I've seen similar LCD deterioration (film delamination?) in the displays of certain older electrical test instruments, presumably after they'd been left exposed to long-term heat, sunlight and/or humidity.
Just saying this not limited to D700, D300 et al, but probably is something LCD displays by their nature are vulnerable to.

Have to add that, although (sadly) I have to accept it on my D2x, I would be very upset if the same thing happened with my nearly mint, recently-aquired D700 8>/

D2xer

A general, generic topic Screen Issue D700 - haziness (milky) [View all] , CubanoLibre , Mon 27-May-13 02:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Screen Issue D700 - haziness (milky)