Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do you use the BM-9 LCD cover? If not, what do you use...

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Do you use the BM-9 LCD cover? If not, what do you use?"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Fri 24-May-13 09:38 PM

Is it safe to go without the BM-9 cover? That'd depends on how hard you are on gear. Probably. The fact Nikon supplied your wife's camera with a cover seems to point that way. Truthfully though, I'm in total agreement that the plastic cover Nikon supplies is close to useless. They scratch, collect dirt and as you know first hand -- fall off. There are instead, hard glass covers that will protect not only the LCD screen on the back, but the smaller one top right. As one Nikonian suggested, the Giottos screen is superb. They run $30-40. I have used the GGS-brand glass cover on both of my D700 bodies and am very happy with them. They run I the $8 range. I won't compare the two brands, but I am satisfied with the GGS screen covers. I will order the version for my D800 this weekend. There are specific models for each camera -- size is important.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Do you use the BM-9 LCD cover? If not, what do you use... [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Fri 24-May-13 12:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do you use the BM-9 LCD cover? If not, what do you...