Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Doesn't go into standby mode -- it's the CF card?

agitater

Toronto, CA
4551 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Doesn't go into standby mode -- it's the CF card?"

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sun 14-Apr-13 04:29 PM

>Nikon says to send in the camera and estimates anywhere
>between $79 and $279. I'm not sure it's worth it, so I'm
>going to put it off for now. Everything else seems to be in
>perfect working order.

I think the problem with electrical or electronics problems, is that a persistent issue in one subsystem can sometimes end up taking out additional subsystem(s). The problem might be isolated and never cause any other issues, but it seems like a pain in the neck to never let yourself forget to either turn off the camera or remove the CF card. Besides that, unless you're getting ready to replace it with the latest thing, consider that you can also tell Nikon to CLA the body too, for very little extra money. You'll get back a D700 that is perfect once again, which is a very good thing to have.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

A general, generic topic Doesn't go into standby mode -- it's the CF card? [View all] , elliotm00 , Sat 06-Apr-13 12:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Doesn't go into standby mode -- it's the CF card?