Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cleaning D700 camera chamber

Ned_L

Philadelphia, US
8057 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Cleaning D700 camera chamber"

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter Member
Sat 23-Mar-13 09:19 PM

I wasn't confused at all, but you were talking about dust, not oil cleanup. Oil I leave alone.

As to blowing the dust around the chamber with the sensor, using a blower is the #1 way of cleaning off the sensor. If I can clean up the sensor, and obviously the surrounding area will get plenty of air too, that's far better than the other cleaning methods, as far as I'm concerned, which are for most people these days, either using a brush on the sensor, or a sensor swab with eclipse liquid on it. Most of the time for me, the blower takes care of my problem, and the camera needs no further cleaning for weeks.

I'm a frequent lens swapper and shoot almost daily.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

A general, generic topic Cleaning D700 camera chamber [View all] , franco1968 , Fri 22-Mar-13 12:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cleaning D700 camera chamber