Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Where can I get a Shutter release cable

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Where can I get a Shutter release cable"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Sat 09-Mar-13 04:18 PM

I use an MC-30 release by Nikon that I've had since I bought my F100. I would go Nikon and not worry about compatibility issues. The MC-30 is a basic release having a handle with thumb depressed button, 1/2 depress turns on the meter and the AF; full depress releases the shutter.

The MC-20 release is more feature packed, includes an intervalvometer, LCD light and shutter release.

Both releases have 2' leads; Nikon have the MC-21 extension cable that adds 10' between the camera and the release.

Being Nikon products, they are expensive. I have no experience with the MC-20 or inexpensive 3rd party release.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic Where can I get a Shutter release cable [View all] , guyparker Silver Member , Fri 08-Mar-13 02:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Where can I get a Shutter release cable