Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Where can I get a Shutter release cable

samrat54

Calhoun, US
246 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Where can I get a Shutter release cable"

samrat54 Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2003
Sat 09-Mar-13 01:04 PM

I would suggest looking for a used MC-20 or MC-30 Nikon release maybe on one of the auction sites or at a local shop. They are well built. An MC-20 saved a D100 with battery grip from a fall off a tripod at a wedding some years ago for me. It was a heavy pull on the connection at the 10-pin plug, but it kept on working. Incidentally, the release plugs into the 10-pin plug on the front of the D700 body-just under the PC terminal.

I would assume that Jessop's or Gray's would probably have some used releases, but not being in the UK, I really can't address that part of your question very well. You might also try the "want to buy" forum on Nikonians. The price of a used MC-20 or MC-30 should certainly be less than the more current electronic cable release, the MC-36/MC-36A. I'm not familiar with the Elinchrom skyport, so I can't help you there.

Sam

A Georgia Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Where can I get a Shutter release cable [View all] , guyparker Silver Member , Fri 08-Mar-13 02:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Where can I get a Shutter release cable