Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Error message on D700

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3390 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Error message on D700"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Fri 25-Jan-13 01:51 PM

Understand -- I'm not a camera repairman. But heat can only be produced by something in the electrical circuitry, and my first stop would be changing the battery. There have been some batteries that have overheated. There are also (a) off-brand batteries and (b) counterfiet "Nikon" batteries in the market. I'd make sure the battery being used is an authentic Nikon-brand battery from an authorized seller. Charlene might also check the conditin of the battery as indicated by her camera menu. I can't imagine outside weather related heat being the issue, as I used Nikon DSLRs in Baghdad in the summer of 2003 and it doesn't get much hotter than that place.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Error message on D700 [View all] , nuffsaid , Wed 23-Jan-13 09:43 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Error message on D700