Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone make use of the "1/320th FP" mode?

JBS101

Canberra, AU
594 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Anyone make use of the "1/320th FP" mode?"

JBS101 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Apr 2009
Sun 27-Jan-13 08:29 PM

I have my D700 set to 1/320th. I did so because, like you, I thought it was a good way to get the most out of the camera. I did not fully appreciate the slight loss of illumination issue.

Anyway, your post made me curious so I decided to do a little adhoc testing. Unfortunately, it is heavily overcast here today and likely to be so for the next few days. With the sky acting like a giant softbox, I was not able to force the camera into high speed synch.

As a fall back, I had a look through some of Joe McNally's books to see what he has to say. Joe seems to have his camera's set to 1/250th and is silent on the use of 1/320th.

Finally, I re-read the manual. As you already know, that was of no help at all.

I would also like to hear what others think about this. Have you considered reposting in the flash forum?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Anyone make use of the "1/320th FP" mode? [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member , Mon 21-Jan-13 09:30 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone make use of the "1/320th FP" mode?