Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shall I purchase a Nikon D700

spraay2236

US
152 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Shall I purchase a Nikon D700"

spraay2236 Registered since 27th Feb 2012
Thu 31-Jan-13 11:04 PM

I'll add to the chorus. I have a D300s and recently purchased a used D700, but for a specific reason. My D300s is great for landscapes, pictures of the forest, airshows, family photos, auto racing, you name it. But wildlife shots of animals in dim light (when they really like to come out), demands good ISO performance. My D300s didn't meet up to the challenge and most of the pictures I took of deer at twilight last year are either dim or grainy or both. So I'm using a D700 this year. But my D300s is still an excellent camera, and will go to the track and the airshow and shoot pictures of family and friends because it's great for that sort of thing.

SP

Learning a little bit more, every day...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Shall I purchase a Nikon D700 [View all] , montevideano Silver Member , Fri 04-Jan-13 11:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shall I purchase a Nikon D700