Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shall I purchase a Nikon D700

dclarhorn

Berwyn Heights, US
14837 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Shall I purchase a Nikon D700"

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning a Nikonians Annual Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002
Mon 07-Jan-13 12:32 AM

The D700 and D800 are both great cameras, but so is the D300. There are certainly some specific attributes that one may want with those cameras, but there's really no guarantee for much better pictures. Too much depends on you, the user.

Is there something about your results now that you're not happy with now? If so, try to isolate what it is and what feature of a new camera will help you overcome it, and make sure it's not just something you can improve with your own efforts. There ARE reasons to upgrade, but you'll make a much better decision if you know why and when you should. I've seen countless outstanding landscape shots from DX format cameras. Generally speaking, that should not be a factor.

Now, if you want to crop a lot, that IS a factor and supports the extra mps of the D800. What about shooting in low light and using high ISOs? It's the reason why I upgraded from the D200 to the D700.

Of course, if you just want a new camera, well, that's okay too!

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

A topic tagged as having a question Shall I purchase a Nikon D700 [View all] , montevideano Silver Member , Fri 04-Jan-13 11:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shall I purchase a Nikon D700