Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shall I purchase a Nikon D700

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Shall I purchase a Nikon D700"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sat 05-Jan-13 01:13 AM

The advantage of the full frame cameras over the D300 is better high ISO noise performance. If you are a landscape photographer you probably don't use high ISO's very much. So in that respect no advantage to the D700.

Now to your lenses. The wide angle lenses you have now are DX lenses. They will give you the same angle of view on both cameras. But here the D700 will need to be in DX crop mode and the view through the viewfinder will be smaller. Also in DX crop mode the resolution will be greater with the D300.

The telephoto zoom will work fine with both bodies but you'll be able to enlarge the photo from the D300 more because of the 1.5X crop factor.

The macro will be fine with both bodies.

Unless you shoot at higher ISO settings and get FX lenses I would say there is no advantage to getting the D700.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Shall I purchase a Nikon D700 [View all] , montevideano Silver Member , Fri 04-Jan-13 11:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shall I purchase a Nikon D700