Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

When to send D700 in for service?

tma

US
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: When to send D700 in for service?"

tma Registered since 24th Feb 2008
Fri 18-Jan-13 03:19 PM

Chiming in a little late

My D700 workhorse goes to Nikon every six months whether I'm aware of something it needs, or not. At the very least, I send it and the 70-200mm 2.8 VR in to the Nikon service center for a "clean and calibration".

Nikon will go completely through the equipment and return it to factory specs (assuming it's a USA body of course, and not gray).

Your first repair can be fairly costly depending on what they find (but still far far less then replacing that body), but once returned to factory specs, Nikon puts a new, 6 month warranty on the equipment.

Nikon has replaced grips, bottom plates, battery door covers, shutter arms/levers, front elements, mirror arms - and so much more. And as long as you are in that 6 month warranty window and it's not water or impact damage, you should be good to go.

A general, generic topic When to send D700 in for service? [View all] , covrc Silver Member , Mon 31-Dec-12 03:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: When to send D700 in for service?