Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 & Bolt battery pack CBP-92

DinoCardelli

Plantation, US
236 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 & Bolt battery pack CBP-92"

DinoCardelli Registered since 19th Oct 2010
Fri 21-Dec-12 08:28 AM | edited Fri 21-Dec-12 08:33 AM by DinoCardelli

>This pack is made for the SB900 and the manual says there may
>be a custom function to bypass the flash unit's batteries so
>it doesn't overheat. Anyone familiar with this and know
>whether or not the SB900 does have such a function?

I bought the Bolt on Amazon and after some additional research returned it.

Why?

I learned that battery packs actually interface with the Flash units and if there is a problem, it can damage your unit...I sent it back.

I then went with the SB9 Nikkor unit - OEM. Yes, it's 4x's more expensive; however, if there is a problem, Nikkon will warrant the issue..

I've been using the SB9 for about one year and it does a great job of preventing the overheating issue...

I'm not aware of changing out a function, I just attach and shoot...

That being said, I've changed to the Eneloop 2500Mh batteries inside the SB900 and I use the standard Eneloop 1500Mh's inside the unit.

You can shoot rapidly without overheating....for a normal shoot, I'll shoot and recycle in about 1.5 seconds at 1/2 power or so...and it's a nice to have...by the time you add the batteries and the pack...the power pack is about $240..not cheap, but, works.

I don't like anything electrical touching my system that is "NON OEM" or from a major manufacturer...that relates to power sources, like batteries, handgrips, power packs, etc.

I do attach my Pocket Wizards, but, that's about it....everything else is OEM.

dc

Visit my professional gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 & Bolt battery pack CBP-92 [View all] , DCPI , Thu 20-Dec-12 09:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 & Bolt battery pack CBP-92