Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Diffraction limits

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Diffraction limits"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Tue 18-Dec-12 11:26 PM | edited Tue 18-Dec-12 11:30 PM by ajdooley

Alan - Eric offers excellent advice. Diffraction is usually the last factor reducing image sharpness and is frequently over ridden by other concerns, most often, poor technique(s). Removing all diffraction is meannigless if you don't have adequate DOF. Ny advice is to enjoy capturing meaningful images, enjoy a wonderful hobby and don't get wrapped around the axle on technical fine points. I hope you are as wowed by your D700 as i was with my first D700. Even though I have scrutinized opinios and other factors concerning the D800, I am not convibnced that for my work it brings anything that i NEED. And in fact, at this juncture I am most likely to grab a "low mileage" cherry D700 for a back-up to the two I already employ. And oh yes -- enjoy this wonderful forum for sharing ideas and methods, as I am sure you have for a decade now!

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Diffraction limits [View all] , AlanTW Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 18-Dec-12 07:37 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Diffraction limits