Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D700 live view and ipad

colin1957

UK
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D700 live view and ipad"

colin1957 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2009
Wed 19-Dec-12 08:25 AM

Take a look at the app - DSLR Camera Remote by onOne Software - the Pro version is for iPhone ($9.99) and the HD version for iPad ($24.99); both are available through the Apple App Store. My understanding is that if you tether your D700 by a wire to a computer running their server software and that computer is wireless networked then you can connect your iPhone or iPad loaded with their iOS software wirelessly through that network and use live view, focus the camera, shoot images and more, all from the iPad. If I understand correctly then aperture, shutter speed and white balance can all be controlled from the iPad. Not the direct camera to iPad control as you (and I) may have wished but if you have for example a laptop that can stay close to the camera and allow the iPad to connect then you have a likely solution.

I haven't used this system but I've looked at the Tech Specs and the D700 is listed as compatible for a number of the features, including Live View. I'm very tempted to give it a go - I just need to persuade one of my kids to lend me their Macbook for a while. They're home for Christmas so I might just get to do this soon.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D700 live view and ipad [View all] , zrosen , Sun 16-Dec-12 03:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 live view and ipad