Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 CF Card Problems

kyjd75

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D700 CF Card Problems"

kyjd75 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Tue 27-Nov-12 11:20 AM

My wife is having problems with her D700. After last use (taking pictures at Buffalo Trace Distillery) and removing CF card when arriving home, card cannot be re-inserted in camera. Obtained another new CF card but similar results.

What could possibly have happened to cause this problem. Card was removed as usual using the ejector button, and she is an experienced user who never forces anything with respect to use of the camera?

Online research indicates the D700 may have a pin problem that will sooner or later appear but wondering if anyone here has real live experience with this. If so, how costly a fix is this to repair, and how long will it take if sent off to repair facility?

Never had to deal with something like this before (45+ year Nikon user) and so please excuse my questions if simplistic.

Thanks, Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 CF Card Problems [View all] , kyjd75 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 27-Nov-12 10:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 CF Card Problems
Reply message RE: D700 CF Card Problems