Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Poor focus on my (new to me) D700

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5260 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Poor focus on my (new to me) D700"

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Thu 29-Nov-12 01:30 PM

Hi!

I'm with Roger and Brian on this: actually, looking at your first image, there is a significant in-focus zone there - but at f/2, it's bound to be really more shallow than what you would get at the same aperture and field of view on a DX sensor such as the one in the Pentax cameras.

Looking at the f/8 and f/11 versions, I can't find anything wrong with them at all, they seem quite in-line with what one should/could expect from a D700&50/1.8 combo... A combo I have the joy to have and use, actually!

So I'd stongly suggest you review your settings for AF and in-camera sharpening, or if you shoot raw (.nef), the amount of sharpening you apply: you may have been a tad conservative in that respect, although even at 2048 pixels I can't really say it's lacking!

Hope this helps

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

A general, generic topic Poor focus on my (new to me) D700 [View all] , TZ750F , Sun 25-Nov-12 09:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Poor focus on my (new to me) D700