Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Poor focus on my (new to me) D700

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Poor focus on my (new to me) D700"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Mon 26-Nov-12 12:40 AM

I'm having difficulty seeing anything wrong with the images you posted. Perhaps I don't understand your intended point of focus.

Isn't the Pentax an APS-C sensor? If it is, that sensor produces an inherently greater DOF over a FX sensor at a given focal length and lens to subject distance. Could it be that you are used to the look of the deeper DOF?

I think you would have a better shot at a critical evaluation of the focus system (e.g. chosen point of focus and actual point of focus) using a flatter target. First test is can it produce an accurately focused image on a flat target. If not then investigate the actual depth. Do all this before you try any adjustment. It's quite a trick evaluation.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Poor focus on my (new to me) D700 [View all] , TZ750F , Sun 25-Nov-12 09:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Poor focus on my (new to me) D700