Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Viewfinder Coverage Issue

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 Viewfinder Coverage Issue"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Sun 18-Nov-12 11:20 PM

I'm reading good things about the 28mm f/1.8 AFS on other forums. It's gets a lot of critical evaluation because there is stuff written about focus shift on the lens. But in practical landscape, PJ and event stuff, I've yet to be convinced that is is a problem that is readily evident in images. I haven't sprung for one because I have a 28mm f/2 AIS and it delivers regularly for me, plus it just doesn't flare so I find it great for night street and travel night-markets where I want to get close in situations where the lighting is often just a bare bulb.

Anyway, lots of choices. Review you images and see what you use regularly and keep notes on images-lost because of wrong focal length. Those too pieces of data will often help you define your requirement when it's time to expand.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 Viewfinder Coverage Issue [View all] , gheck58 Silver Member , Fri 16-Nov-12 06:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 Viewfinder Coverage Issue