Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nobody warned me

robsb

San Jose, US
14960 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Nobody warned me"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Wed 19-Jun-13 01:49 AM

Karen my D700 was my 2nd Nikon DSLR, and I had a D200 before that (still do). I had moved from a Nikon F3HP and had never owned an AF lens. ALL of my lenses were old MF, and the MF lenses worked great with the D200 but it was hard to focus. the D700 without any changes was much better. I mostly use AF lenses now the 70-200 VR being my first purchase to replace an excellent 70-200 f/4 MF. I then bought a used 35-70 and for a long time IT was my most used lens. But I travel a lot so I bought a 16 mm f/2.8 and the 17-35 f/2.8 and then I bought an 85 mm f/1.4 and a 300 f/4 AFS to replace my old MF 300 mm f/4.5. I also bought a 200 mm f/4 Micro Nikkor to complement my 55 mm f/2.8 MF Micro Nikkor. I have stopped buying lenses. My NAS is dormant! The lenses I would love to own now are just too much money to spend on a hobby. I love the way my remaining MF and all my AF lenses work with my D700 which is now over 4 years old. It is as comfortable as an old shoe, and my travel kit now consists of the 17-35 and my 85mm with a 1.4 TC and once in awhile I take either the a 16mm or maybe my 70-200 instead depending on the trip and weight limits.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

This is a hot, active topic! Nobody warned me [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Sun 11-Nov-12 05:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nobody warned me