Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

DR-5 Right Angle View Finder

kantryla

UK
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"DR-5 Right Angle View Finder"

kantryla Registered since 06th Nov 2012
Tue 06-Nov-12 11:54 AM

Hi all, wonder if you can help. I shoot a lot of architecture, sometimes the camera is pointed straight ahead other times its almost vertical - so with my D300 I had a right angle view finder. This was great as I could just slip it on and off with ease.

Now I've moved to a D700 things are different. I currently have a eBat clone and its rubbish - it doesn't line up correctly, plus the adapter is scratching my glasses. So looking at Nikons own solution.

As far as I can tell the DR-5 comes with a DK-18 adapter (which is similar to my clone) - it seems to have a perforated edge just like the one I'm using - so when shooting without the DR-5 I'm going to have similar scratching problems with my glasses (?), so I was wondering whether you can use a rubber eye piece - the DK-19 for instance with the DK-18, or do you need to take off the DK-18 each time with the supplied wrench. Its one thing to unscrew the DR-5 but to have to remove the adapter will be a real pain. Or have a i got this completely wrong

Thanks Giles

A topic tagged as in need of help DR-5 Right Angle View Finder [View all] , kantryla , Tue 06-Nov-12 10:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DR-5 Right Angle View Finder