Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

used d700 or new d600

photohombre

Louisville CO, US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: used d700 or new d600"

photohombre Basic Member
Tue 23-Oct-12 02:28 AM

This was the exact issue I faced last month. After very extensive research, as well as my bias towards the D700, I purchased a good, solid used D700. One consideration you might take into account if you go the used route: an extended warranty. There are some great deals now on nice used 700s that didn't exist even four weeks ago. I decided to pay a little more and went with an established photography dealer so that I could add a two year extended warranty (added $99 to the bottom line cost) So that gave me 30 months of coverage. There are only two extended warranty plans I would ever purchase: cameras and computers. I would also add that the issuer of the extended warranty makes a big difference: who is going to do the work on a damaged DSLR? I've read a few horror stories some have experienced from shady warranty operations. A little background check goes a long, long way to keep a buyer happy.

Richard

A general, generic topic used d700 or new d600 [View all] , medlowa Silver Member , Sun 21-Oct-12 03:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: used d700 or new d600