Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
SheriB

Southern York Co, US
1973 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 AF problem"

SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Sun 30-Sep-12 05:13 PM | edited Sun 30-Sep-12 05:36 PM by SheriB

I do not know if its supposed to or not ..but I think that is your culprit..I had the same problem..change to single servo and see if it does it..
From "Mastering the Nikon D700" book
When the subject is standing still, Continuous-servo AF acts a lot like single -servo AF with the exception that the focus never locks.If you have camera movement, you may hear chattering a little as the autofocus motor makes small adjustments in the focus position.Since it never locks in this mode you need to be careful that you do not accidentially move the AF sensor off of the subject because it may focus on something in teh background instead" (pg.44)

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 AF problem [View all] , abhijitsarkar , Sat 29-Sep-12 10:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 AF problem