Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why didn't Nikon make a D700s?

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Why didn't Nikon make a D700s?"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Mon 17-Sep-12 04:56 PM

I agree that the D700 does not have a replacement in the D600 due to the reduced feature. Nikon markets the D600 as an entry level FX camera, vs the D800 advance amateur/semi-pro/pro and D4 (pro cameras).

I don't think that the D700 (and D300/300s) will have traditional replacements as Nikon have several lines now in production:
D3--- series (entry DX), D--- (amateur DX), D---(advanced amateur DX), D6-- (FX entry), D8-- (advanced amateur, semi-pro/pro FX), D- (pro FX).

The D3/D700/D300 bodies seems to represent the older technology and older naming convention.

I think Nikon with have DX-only bodies as D---and amateur FX as D--- and pro as D-. Given that FX bodies can be shot in DX mode albeit, lower MP but with cleaner high ISO performance, I wonder if Nikon needs a D300/300s replacement.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic Why didn't Nikon make a D700s? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Sun 16-Sep-12 12:41 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why didn't Nikon make a D700s?