Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

can't pay my repair

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3390 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: can't pay my repair"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Sun 16-Sep-12 05:31 PM

It may be the international aspect of the transaction. I have a son, daughter-in-law and grand children in the UK. For birthdays, Christmas and other similar events, I send Amazon UK gift cards. But whatever US credit card I have tried to use to pay for them, I have been informed that the charge was "refused" and now know I have to call the card company to authorize a transfer overseas. I'd guess that is what you are experiencing from your location to the US. If you need to buy something in the US in the future with a UK-sourced credit card, call the credit card company FIRST to authorize an ioverseas charge of the appropriate amount (taking into account of course, exchange rates. Not many here are familiar with pounds or euros.) Better luck next time -- but I agree, Nikon's customer service practices leave a lot to be desired.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic can't pay my repair [View all] , Dushikorsou , Fri 14-Sep-12 09:04 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: can't pay my repair