Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CF Card for D 700

DinoCardelli

Plantation, US
236 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: CF Card for D 700"

DinoCardelli Registered since 19th Oct 2010
Sun 09-Sep-12 08:26 PM | edited Sun 09-Sep-12 08:28 PM by DinoCardelli

Yes, I always have my Macbook air with a CF card reader in my backpack or at the hotel.

When I'm travelling and I do alot, I change out cards several times during the day to insure I don't loose a once in a lifetime shot.

My personal preference is more smaller (8gb) than larger 16GB cards and just keep moving them to the storage package...

Ipads (from what I've read and been told)...don't store NEF's well and you can loose some resolution (agai, have only read this but, not gotten proven info)..

They do make a travelling backup drives, e.g. CF card transfers, but, they are pricey....

Another alternative, is just do buy a cheap NET book computer that has 250G of space and use is as a backup machine if you don't have a mac..servers two purposes...net access and backup when travelling , and if you break it or gets stolen..you are only out $300 max...if you look on line, you can get refrubs in the $200+ range for older models...again, you are not going to run CS6 or lightroom...just nikon transfer and move stuff back off the CF card via a USB port.

dc

Visit my professional gallery.

A general, generic topic CF Card for D 700 [View all] , nileshmazumdar , Sun 09-Sep-12 03:29 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CF Card for D 700