Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Number of camera clicks on a D700

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10533 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Number of camera clicks on a D700"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 07-Sep-12 04:19 PM

The cameras go well beyond the stated actuation. I've seen reports here of 200,000 releases. Whether it is 3000 or 9000 is probably not very important - both numbers are at the extreme low end.

There are some activities that create multiple actuations - such as using Live View.

There have been some stats on failure. In general, between 1000 and 70,000 would be random failure with equal opportunity for failure regardless of the shutter releases. At the 70,000 and up level you start to see a higher incidence of failure but those cameras have also been used hard and may have other contributing factors.

I'd view it like miles on a car - below 70,000 releases it is relatively unimportant.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops - Smokies Oct 2012

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic Number of camera clicks on a D700 [View all] , jxv777 Silver Member , Wed 05-Sep-12 05:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Number of camera clicks on a D700