Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D700 IInsurance

pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
998 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D700 IInsurance"

pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Mon 10-Sep-12 02:54 PM

> I have a rider on my State Farm policy include name and serial numbers of each piece. It is an inexpensive safeguard. <

I second this and the previous comments. It's important to clarify the terms of your policy with your insurance agent because there's limitations as to what a homeowner's policy and/or a vehicle policy will cover.

I'm with State Farm and I have a rider on my homeowners policy for an extra $100 or per year that covers all my camera equipment for replacement value especially if its stolen from the car. (My vehicle policy will cover my equipment only if it's in the car when the car is stolen.) My insurance agent requires me to email my equipment list with item, description, and serial number (if available) annually that is then kept on file.

Please regard the following as friendly advice: the best insurance policy will always be common sense, care, and an awareness of your surroundings. I remember a photographer in Yosemite who placed his backpack on a bush where it promptly rolled off, then downslope, and then over the edge falling about 2,000 feet. Sue and I were in downtown Reno for the balloon festival one block off the strip in a deserted area that didn't look good so we didn't stop.

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D700 IInsurance [View all] , sensor , Thu 16-Aug-12 12:32 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 Insurance
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 IInsurance