Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D700 IInsurance

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3378 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D700 IInsurance"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Tue 21-Aug-12 01:09 PM

Silvio -
The caution about any hint of professional status is well taken. The Inland Marine Policy is the only way to cover your gear if you even only very occasionally accept - or have accepted money - for your photos. That can give the insurance company good cause NOT to pay a claim and then to cancel your coverage. It may also be viewed by them as insurance fraud. The fact that at this time I am making less than 10% of my income from photography is not relevant. My coverage for about $25,000 worth of gear is based on a detailed list of equipment and there is s substantial deduction included on a loss. As in the case of car and home insurance, this kind of insurance is basically to cover a catastrophic loss -- not just dropping a 50mm lens. So the advice to get ALL the facts up front is very important. If your agent doesn't seem to know the answers or is unfamiliar with Inland Marine Insurance, get another agent or ask for his or her senior. This absolutely is NOT an area for guesswork.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D700 IInsurance [View all] , sensor , Thu 16-Aug-12 12:32 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 Insurance
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 IInsurance