Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help please, what did I do?

SheriB

Southern York Co, US
1973 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help please, what did I do?"

SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Sat 04-Aug-12 03:29 PM

First make sure the focus selector ( manual p.7, #8 isn't locked on the L. If it is not locked ( should be to the 'dot'), you move it with the multi selector. You may have to give the shutter a half press to make it active.To center you can just hit the center button ( #7)but you can also move it around using the directional arrows on the multi selector. How far it moves at each click will depend on how many focus points you have selected (custom setting menu ( pencil icon)-> a Autofocus->a8 AF point selection-> pick your number press ok. I choose 51 .I just prefer it so I can fine tune my composition when using spot metering and/or autofocus.The focus and recompose always seems to take my focus off a little.. I also choose wrap around in case I get trigger finger ( thumb) and my focus point goes to far..

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Help please, what did I do? [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Fri 03-Aug-12 07:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help please, what did I do?