Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help please, what did I do?

Bearsmom2

Florence, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Help please, what did I do?"

Bearsmom2 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jul 2012
Fri 03-Aug-12 09:57 PM

Okay so I'm going through the Mastering the D700 for the second time. This time with the original manual and the camera in my lap. I'm trying to find setting that will make the photos come out the way I want them to and still guess at what some of the options mean.

So I get it all set up, so I think, and fire off a couple shots of my dogs laying on the couch. First two shots and I get a double exposure. One dog overlayed on the other. Interesting but not what I wanted in this case. Did I miss something is this even possble? Or is my camera malfunctioning. The second set of shots came out right. Two dogs two shots. Wierd.

Second question: is the manual mode the only one where you can choose to have the shutter speed on auto? I tried on 'A' but it would only allow me to have ISO on auto.

And third question: for some reason when I try to set my self cleaning for when I turn it off it wont take the setting. It says its set for "on and off" but the main menu shows there is no selection made.

Does any of this have anything to do with using the camera in manual mode?

Karen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Help please, what did I do? [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Fri 03-Aug-12 07:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help please, what did I do?