Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Auto-ISO in Manual mode not working?

dhmiller

US
899 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Auto-ISO in Manual mode not working?"

dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Sun 29-Jul-12 10:39 PM

So I upgraded to the newest firmware. Put the D700 in manual mode, set the ISO at 200, said it could go up to 3200 if needed and set the minimum shutter to 1/320. Started to move the shutter speed up and down and no change - still read 200 in the VF. Found an exposure combo that worked while pointing out a window (f/4 and 1/30) then pointed the camera towards a dark area and no change. Moved the focal point back until that combo worked again and adjusted the aperture up and down - no change.
Basically, nothing I can do in Manual mode seems to alter the ISO in any way.
Worse still, when I change the ISO to say, 1600 in the Auto ISO menu, the reading in the VF still says 200.
Something is definitely up.
Now do I send my D800 in for service (focus issues) first or the D700 for a checkup?
In either case, both will have to wait until I get back from a three-week photo trip starting next weekend.
D.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Auto-ISO in Manual mode not working? [View all] , dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sat 28-Jul-12 11:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Auto-ISO in Manual mode not working?