Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to the forum new to Nikon digital

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3378 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Limited success with manual"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Fri 27-Jul-12 12:13 PM | edited Fri 27-Jul-12 12:15 PM by ajdooley

Karen -- I'll second the vote for Martin Evening's book on Photoshop for Photographers. Too many book on PS focus more on graphics. I also like Dave Busch's D700 book. I find him more thorough and easier to follow in terms of logic than any other camera guru. He also doesn't seem to be striving to become a stand-up comedian like a few. Look on Amazon and you can read sample pages. BTW - I'm with you on reading books vs. Nook/Kindle versions. Give me a book. (Except Nikon or General Motors owners manuals!) I can highlight, add notes, flip back and forth to things easily, etc. I have had Busch's book for more than a year and I pick it up about once a month now, and just open it and start reading. My on;ly gripe is that it is too heavy to read in bed! I invariably find something new to introduce to my shooting. Oh -- and welcome to the D700 world.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New to the forum new to Nikon digital [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Mon 23-Jul-12 05:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New to the forum new to Nikon digital
Reply message Limited success with manual
Reply message RE: Limited success with manual