Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to the forum new to Nikon digital

Bearsmom2

Florence, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Limited success with manual"

Bearsmom2 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jul 2012
Wed 25-Jul-12 03:38 PM | edited Wed 25-Jul-12 03:39 PM by Bearsmom2

Hi Everyone thanks for the welcome messages.

Here's what I found for those looking for the same thing. The D700 Manual by Nikonians is a warm and fuzzy thing for those of us who want more information. Yes I could read the camera manual but simple push this button, go here, go there, make one of these selections left my brain empty and uninformed.

The Nikonians manual so far is telling me what the effect of making selections and what results to expect to get from my selections. The brief history of Nikon Dslr was also helpful in leading me up to this wonderful camera and how it developed. Many dont need this, some do, and I do for an overall understanding of how it works.

I have found a couple of things with the Nook version and it just may be my copies. First at page 95 on both my Nook and my computer the paging sequence goes all squirrely. If you page back and forth you will eventually see the pages are there but they wont display in sequence and it will go from 95 to 97 to 100 back to 96 and variations on that but it wont display in the right order.

I found another fault earlier where the 'D' option photos displayed in the HDMI chapter and another place where the description of lossless vs lossy compression looked to me to be backwards. But Im not sure about that last one, maybe I need to reread it or find more information on compression to understand.

All in all the manual is great, just my copy is messed up and I need to investigate further to see if its just my copy or if the online files are messed up, before I can get back to my reading. I bought my copy from B&N so it should be okay it hasnt gone through any conversions or anything.

More later

Karen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New to the forum new to Nikon digital [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Mon 23-Jul-12 05:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New to the forum new to Nikon digital
Reply message Limited success with manual
Reply message RE: Limited success with manual